Monday, October 1, 2007

Reading Reaction Journal #4

Reference:

Brown, S. (2007, July 20). $200 Million Uptown High-Rise project Planned. Architecture Online Magazine. Retrieved September 20, 2007 from www.architectmagazine.com/industry-news.asp?sectionID=1012&articleID=536847


Summary:

In Brown’s article, "$200 Million Uptown High-Rise Project Planned," the author says that two developers decided to build a very huge building In Dallas' Woodall Rodgers Freeway corridor. The author explains it is the huge plan in both scale and cost and this plan will start work in January and will be finished in 2009. And he describes the project will include 296 apartments and 330,000 square feet of office space. It shows us how huge the project is.

Reaction:

This article is about one of the huge projects of building in Dallas. I know how huge a building project is in the U.S. through the article. The cost planned by the project is almost over two times rather than that of the biggest plan of Korea. Also, I can know how architecture markets in America are working now with the article. And, it makes me have a challenge about my future. With this article, when I will be an architect, I hope to be one of the biggest architects like in the article. The article gives me huge interesting.

No comments: